This tag is associated with 1 post

mortar and pestle

  This club-shaped implement to pound or grind substances in a mortar is called a pestle. The vessel that you see here, in which things to be pounded are put, is called a mortar. For Indian/South Asian readers of this post, you may be familiar with stone pestle and mortar (as in the image below) … Continue reading

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 28 other subscribers