- I’m sorry, I have a previous engagement. (or) I’m sorry, I have another appointment.
- I’m so sorry, but I can’t. I’m rather tied up all of this week.
- I’m sorry! I’m booked all week with the conference. Why don’t we go out sometime after the 15th? (or) Why don’t we go sometime in the week after next?
- Sorry, I can’t make it. How about another time?
- I can’t this evening. But I can join you another day. How about….?
- I’m sorry I can’t go tomorrow. But would next week work for you instead? (or) Would Sunday work for you instead?
- I wouldn’t be able to make it this time. But I’d love to join you another time (or) I’d love to join you next time.
- That would be wonderful, but I’m out of town. How about…..?
- Sorry, I wouldn’t be able to make it this time. But thanks for inviting me. That was very kind of you.