top part of an umbrella

This tag is associated with 1 post


    Do you see that elongated metal cap on the top of the umbrella, holding the ribs together? That’s called a ‘ferrule.’ Here’s how the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary defines it: ‘a piece of metal or rubber that covers the end of an umbrella or a stick to protect it.’

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 28 other followers